Monday, June 9, 2008

So bittersweet

I love being at OU. I love being done with school. I hate being away from Vegas. I hate that almost all of my friends are out there cashing their dreams. I love the fact that, for the next 3 months until I move, I can make me and my backer money playing SNGs finally. I no longer want to shoot myself every time I sit down to play (Thanks site switch.)

I'm officially done with college. Forever. How weird does that sound? Well, it's even weirder to type. I'm about to go home to my new house, help my mom get settled in, and just kick it all summer, it looks like. What's sad about that? I hope to do absolutely nothing but play for about 8 hours a day. I'm planning like 1 PM - 9 PM sessions, and depending on how it goes, wayyyy later into the night. It shouldn't be too hard when all of my best friends are either working their asses off already, or can't go out every night. This is the first summer where that's going to be the case, and it kinda sucks, but at least I'll get to see them for a few last weekends before we all part ways. Real world sucks, right? My friends are going to Chicago, New York, Jacksonville, and Austin. And those are the ones who haven't even left yet. My best friend has already been in LA for about 8 months, but soon enough, I'll be within a few hours of him, so that's not all that bad.

It's so crazy waking up and knowing within days you'll be in the real world. I envy some of you, and I know some of you can't wait to get out of what you're doing now. Just enjoy what you have, for sure, and keep doing what you love to do.

BTW, Spain ftw in the next few hours. I <3 soccer now that I follow what Clay says (Minus yesterday, which he told me I wasn't able to be enough on to drop a bomb)

No comments: