Sunday, June 1, 2008

Wow it's been a while

So I'm laying here, hungover as all hell, doing everything in my power to avoid finishing a paper that was due at 5 pm last Friday. I also skipped a group meeting, just from general all-around laziness. Soooo, here we are.

This weekend was entertaining, to say the least. Gooch came for his birthday (like he needed a reason,) and Cait came just to party. That's mainly why I didn't get my paper done Friday. I meant to take a 10 minute break around 4 pm and go over to Spressers. That turned out into me being blacked out at the bar by 9 pm. Saturday was a whole lot of the same. I intentionally didn't go to Millfest so I could play the 100k freeroll for Goldstar+ at 3 pm. Well I played 2 sets of SNGs before that and managed to non-cash every single one of them except for the last one, which I won, but who gives a shit? Going 1/12 is atrocious, to say the least. I honestly run every key hand through an ICM calculator after I bust and guess what? I'm making the right moves every single time, and getting terirble outcomes every single time. Such is life. The 100k was pretty super-duper ghey, too. I hate MTTs to begin with, so that didn't help. I basically stuck around the starting stack until the first break, and busted the first hand back. I had T7 in the BB, folds to button, flats, SB folds, I check. Flop 89T rainbow, check to me, I shove, he calls, tables KJ. Obv. turn K and if that wasn't a big enough fuck you, river 7 for the straight.

After that debocle I was more than in the mood to drink, even though nearly everyone was blacked out or passed out at this point from Millfest. I ended up just killing half a 12 at Spressers while throwing waterballoons (tiny NEEPLE balloons) at unsuspecting O'Bettys patrons below. Then it turned into everyone waking up and going to the bar, and just general blacking out.

And I absolutely just got an email from another group saying we aren't meeting tomorrow (which means we aren't going to class,) so I'm done til Tuesday. On that note, it's time to go to the bar and further put this paper off.

Pz kids.

Oh, P.S. glglglgl to Mike Sowers in the $10k Pot-Limit HE event #1 at WSOP. He's at the FT sitting 2nd in chips. Take this one down bud. glgl to AMAK who also FT'ed, but obv Sowers is winning it.

No comments: