Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Is Already Half Over

And what have I done? Nothing. Blatantly, nothing.

I've grinded SNG's, which, at first was sweeeet but yesterday literally drove me so s00icide, so I'm taking a day or two off. I also interviewed for a marketing consulting job, which would last the next few months til I peace to Vegas, just to supplement my non-existant income, because apparently my bank thinks I'm a drug dealer / money launderer.

Oh yeah, to that. So I cashed out two checks on Stars, deposited both of them in my local bank (Huntington) over Memorial weekend, and received a nice little phone call once I got back to school that "I may or may not be an international drug lord," in their opinion. Apparently they aren't too fond of checks coming from foreign islands, but somehow I have never EVER had a problem with other sites like PokerRoom and FTP. Another reason I FUCKING HATE STARS. First reason, search for Inni's "This is not a random site, by any means," talk about their RNG, as it DOES NOT FUCKING EXIST. I'm starting to feel the same way about FTP. I mean, honestly, how many times can KK < AK? Within the last 100 games I've kept track of the beats (yes, I'm a tool,) it's happened 27 times. This is WAYYYYYYYYYYY fucking beyond expectation. You mean to tell me that, in 100 games AK will win over a lower pair 27 times? Sure, I'll buy it, easily. You mean to tell me that within a 100 game span, where KK is up against AK in maybe Maybe MAYBE MAYYYBEEEEEEEEE EVERRRRRRRRRR 40 times, AK will win 27 times? I don't fucking think so. I hate online poker.

Find someone that can play better at any level less than the $100's, and I bet I run worse, yet still make fundamentally more sound push/fold/calls. Flat out, I've had the very best in the SNG world look at my HH's and it just comes down to "gg, ul." FUCK VARIENCE, because, at some point, that dumb shit turns around. When you continually get it in with TT or AQ on the bubble, and constantly get called by Q3 and 89dd, and can't hold a SINGLE hand, you have to wonder about the sites. Sorry, I'm not new money, PS or FTP. Please stop punishing me.

/rant


As much as I've hated poker lately, it's still brought me some really good friends, and some really good times. I hate my bank cause now I'm flat-out unable to get out to Vegas for the 4th of July, but it might be for the better, as that could absolutely wreck any money I have and will have in the future, just cause that happens in Vegas. I'll know within 2ish weeks though whether or not I'll be living with Clay, which I fully hope to be, and anticipate on doing.


Big congrats to Chris for chopping a $1k Venetian for $30k. Who ever said live tourneys are rigged? Oh, wait....they still are. Cash a WSOP for the love of God.

No comments: